Frequently Asked Questions
Warning: Illegal string offset 'taxonomy' in /home/thesolu5/public_html/academyofhair.com/wp-content/themes/education/lib/admin/pagebuilder/faqs.php on line 117
Warning: Illegal string offset 'field' in /home/thesolu5/public_html/academyofhair.com/wp-content/themes/education/lib/admin/pagebuilder/faqs.php on line 118
Warning: Illegal string offset 'terms' in /home/thesolu5/public_html/academyofhair.com/wp-content/themes/education/lib/admin/pagebuilder/faqs.php on line 119
- What if I just want to learn to cut hair?Cosmetology or barbering is an academic and hands-on-learning experience. Yes, you will learn about cutting hair, but you will also be required to learn about coloring, perming, chemical hair relaxing, and much, much more. The Academy of Hair Design provides a total educational experience.
- What are the educational requirements?The Academy of Hair Design requires that each student either have a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Are uniforms required?Yes. Please check with the admissions office for specific requirements.
- What are the hours of operation for the academies?Our schools offer both day and evening classes. Classes are set up consisting of an average of 25 hours per week. In this day and age, most students have to rely on some type of work to help support them while they are receiving his/her education. We feel that our reduced schedules enable more students time to care for families as well as maintain a part-time job if needed. For exact class schedules and start dates, contact the Academy nearest you.
- What about financial aid?The Academy of Hair Design offers financial aid to those students who qualify. Information and complete instructions are available in our financial aid section on the enrollment page.
- Are there any hidden fees?No. It is our intention to have all students aware of the cost of their education before they enroll. Our school admission representative will review all costs with each applicant. From time to time a student may wish to receive a hair service, cut and style. These services are free to our students, however there is a small fee for chemical services received by students. This fee is to cover the school’s cost for such items. Once completing the program each student is required to be tested by the Mississippi State Board of Cosmetology. This is a one day test consisting of a written and practical test.
- Do the students provide services for the general public?Yes, once a student has reached 250 clock hours and completes the required school assignments, then he/she is assigned to do service for the general public. At all times, the student will be supervised by a licensed instructor.
- How can I get more information?We realize that even with all the information we have provided on this web site you may still have some unanswered questions. So we can further assist you, please visit our contact page to request information.